Thursday, May 20, 2010

High Bridge Park


So...technically not in Lexington, but it was too good not to write about. Today I visited High Bridge Park in Jessamine County just past Wilmore. BEAUTIFUL place!!! A bunch of different covered dining areas, playground, museum and history building, a great entertainment pavilion and a great outlook point for scenic views of the bridge. I stopped at Main &Maple in Nicholasville on my way out there and made a little picnic out of it.

(Maybe I'll make it a side interest this summer of learning how to take a proper picture.)

Admission is free.

5 comments:

Peter Brackney said...

I still haven't made it out to High Bridge. There are a few Jessamine places I need to still visit! Check out at the Kaintuckeean my posts under Fayette, walkLEX and other surrounding counties for ideas. Also, as you will quickly learn, comments on your blog will make you very happy!! Feel free to reciprocate!

Peter Brackney said...

Oh, and you may want to alter your comment box design. Those using Mozilla Firefox (like me) can't leave comments as it is currently designed - some technical issue. I had to open up Safari to comment.

Try going to blogger.com, click on Settings, then Comments, then use either "Full Page" or "Pop Up Window". I use the Pop Up.

Happy traveling!

kate said...

this is a great idea, i'm definitely bookmarking it so i can follow along!!! :)

H W Sherwood said...

I'm so excited, I just saw y'all commented! I'll see if I can figure out the commenting issue.

Izzie said...

And if you visit High Bridge again, you gotta go under the bridge, if you walk out the entrance/exit to your left you can walk a tiny trail and watch a try go by, PLUS you can get some UH-mazing photos, especially at sunset. But be careful down there, dangerous but doesn't have to be deadly...