Sunday, July 25, 2010

Local LEX Spotlight: Coffee Times




As something new to add to the mix, I'm going to feature a "Spotlight" on local businesses that may not necessarily be new to me but are uniquely Lexington and I wouldn't want them to be left out simply because I've been there before.

First up is Coffee Times Coffee House off Regency Road. This month they're celebrating their 27th birthday! As a quirky place they couldn't celebrate (1) their 25th which is more normal and (2) with just balloons so why not fire dancers?

This is a welcome place for me to read and do a little homework and grab a great coffee drink (I don't really like just regular coffee but I'm assuming it's great, too). They roast all their own beans in house and have wide variety of flavors (again not a big coffee drinker but people always look happy to be buying them as well as all their loose tea). I would die to be the buyer for the gift shop 'cause it's always filled with unique items and funky gifts. Don't forget to check out their sister store, Street Scene, stocked with vintage clothing, jewelry and furniture. But beware, they don't have the same hours.

Prices range from $2-$5ish for coffee drinks. They're open 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. Monday -Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. Friday & Saturday and Sunday 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

No comments: