Friday, June 18, 2010

Sav's West African Grill


Last night my wonderful friends, Jason, Amanda, Teresa and I had dinner at Sav's Grill. They focus on West African Cuisine and I LOVE different ethnic foods so I was really looking forward to it. In my mind, I tend to assume everything that's not American or European food is spicy like Indian food. So it wasn't quite what I expected. I went for it ordering the peanut goat...not my favorite. After I covered it in hot sauce it was more palatable. I did try the the other dishes: the mafen beef and peanut chicken over fufu (plantain flour dumplings) were both good. The most interesting thing was definitely the cooked plantains. They really offered a different flavor. And, it was such a great evening to sit on the sidewalk and eat.

Different taste but don't expect big, robust flavors.

Located on South Limestone
Entrees range from $5.25-$12.99.

1 comment:

Peter Brackney said...

I loved the peanut goat over fufu with a nice ginger beer (its non-alcoholic, basically a very gingery ginger-ale). The Mafen beef was not very flavorful, but I sampled the lamb platter and it is very good.

I forget what it is called but the salad was incredible. It is on our ethnic lunch rotation at the office.