Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Some fine tuning...

Hey LEXplorers!

I'm stumbling my way through the technical side of blogging. I now believe you can leave comments even if you're not a registered user so comment away!

I figured out how to make the active link word things (I'm sure they have a technical name).

Also, I reserve to the right to go back and correct all misspellings, grammatical errors and add words 'cause I tend to leave out words and prepositional phrases. Please feel free to call me out on it too if you see something before I catch it.

Also, BIG THING!!! I didn't realize what a great source of information the Lexington Convention and Visitors Bureau website is. If you're looking to see what Lexington has to offer, check it out! Great guides to area attractions, dining, shopping and more!

Feel free to suggest places or events for me to visit, too! I feel so humbled to know that there are people following me. I'd love to LEXplore with you!

7 comments:

Peter Brackney said...

There are some really nice new templates available in the Blogger template designer... you may like a different layout even better!

Create a link list off to the side... use it to link to good sites like the Visitors Bureau and the Kaintuckeean!! :-)

Oh...and if you comment on other people's blogs with links back to your own it can drive more traffic to your site. This is partly why I always try and sneak a link in!! :-)

Peter Brackney said...

The new layout looks good!

Peter Brackney said...

The "LexLinks" tells me the website, but it doesn't actually include the link. Make sure you are adding the widget for a "link list"

H W Sherwood said...

Thanks! It's coming along. It's so much new stuff and a feel like I'm learning a new language with widgets and gadgets and RSS feeds (I don't even know what that is). I've almost broken down a couple times and called or messaged you about stuff but I'm determined to learn it on my own.

We need to do a joint venture. Have you done any horse farm tours?

Peter Brackney said...

Agreed. But my rule is that I will incur no cost (absent food and necessary food) to see my sites.

Oh, and I've put a link up to your blog on mine.

Izzie said...

remember that place we all walked to on either Memorial Day or Labor Day, probably Memorial, last year? What was it called? It'd be cool if you went and took pics of that, looked nice from the outside..

H W Sherwood said...

Ashland/The Henry Clay estate...it's on my historic places list so it's coming!